264 Hardy St
We All Need More Music!
Nelson Centre of Music Arts and Begg’s have been making music together for over 100 years. NCMA held its opening concert in 1894, and a few years later, Begg’s opened in Trafalgar Street (and then moved to this spot in 1970).
As part of this fantastic relationship between two mighty organisations, Begg’s have given their shop window to NCMA to help promote their mutual love of music, and encourage everyone to make more music.
Nelson Centre of Musical Arts is one of New Zealand’s busiest music schools, teaching all sorts of music to a whole range of people.
– 127 years of music making
– more than 75 music teachers teaching more than 20 instruments
– more than 150 music lessons every week
– more than 120 events and concerts each year including more than 20 free events
– free beginner classes for primary kids (on their first instrument)
– affordable group classes for people of all ages
– orchestras and bands for all ages and abilities, from complete beginners to experienced players
NCMA makes music affordable for everyone so that more people can experience the joy of music!
No matter your age, it’s never too late to be making music or learning an instrument.
Help us keep the music playing…
– hire an instrument from Begg’s or NCMA
– join one of our affordable group classes or free beginner classes
– talk to us about becoming an Angel Donor and support talented musicians to keep learning
Talk to Tim in Begg’s about how you can buy or rent an instrument.
Talk to the good folk at NCMA about how you can join a class or become an Angel Donor.